Wednesday, May 30, 2007

HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS

This moment is not for the faint of heart. I, Mom the Bomb, am actually blogging. Adam has been a great cheerleader for me so here goes.

I only have two days of school left for this year. It has been a good year. I have loved the kids (25) and we/they/I have learned a lot Next year will be my fifth year teaching kindergarten...does that seem possbile? Next year I will have a full day class of around 20-21 students, at least I hope it stays that small. Every year we seem to have some major new "something" that we/I have to master and teach. This year it was a fantastic reading/ phonics everyday program called Fundatioms. It began several years ago as a special ed. type intervention, but has now been revamped for all kids and I love it. It is very labor intensive for the teacher but I know it is worth all the time and sweat. Next year we begin a "new" math program called Investigations. It will be a real hands on, spiralling grade to grade program. Again, I am sure it will be worth all the time to train and prepare. We really needed a new organized math program. This is being phased in all over Jeffco. Wish me luck.
I am so grateful for each of you...parents and parents to be. Parental influence and encouragement is so vital to each of our kids. I see it first hand every day and every year. I have been blessed with wonderful parents each year. I think I am especially lucky to be teaching kindergarten because parents are so eager to be involved and we love having them in our classrooms...in fact it is vital to the way we teach our curriculum. Parents are involved less and less as their kids get older, it seems. When each of OUR wonderful grandchildren gets old enough, I really encourage each and all of you. moms and dads alike, to be in the classroom and help when you can. Of course, I still firmly believe that the home and the parents are the most crucial classrooms and teachers so keep up the good work on that front especially.
I am really looking forward to my trip to Worland on Saturday. What a blessing for me. I just hope I don't spoil Justin, (or Joy or Grant) too much. Put me to work Mark and Liz.
I had a wonderful weekend in Tucson and Phoenix a couple weekends ago. I got to visit most of the Rustands in Tucson, plus my brother Jim, plus see lots of family at Phillip and Marissa Boice's wedding in Phoenix, PLUS attend Angie's fantastic concert in Phoenix with Promusica...she was the featured musician of the evening and was unbelievable. Made me proud and incredulous at such talent.
I am so glad to report that Adam has been healing and recovering so well and quickly. He, as always, is such a trooper. It has been so fun to have him home. He heads back to Provo after he gets his stitches out on Friday morning.
Meg is now a soph at CSH. Unbelievable. She starts driving school on June 11...now THAT is unbelievable. She assures me that she will be an excellent driver and I believe her.
Dad and I keep plugging' away. We are looking to a fun summer of seeing all of you.
OK...enough musings for one session. I love you all.

Love, Mama Peacock

7 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Tankfos said...

I have no doubt that Mom is the greatest kindergarten teacher in the entire world and of all time. I love you mother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Goose said...

She has arrived. After a long and troubling year, she has finally joined the blogging community, and what an entrance! It is so good to hear from you mom. I would say that you are the best teacher in the world, but that would be a lie. You are tied with I think you know who (Kristen). You taught me, and look where I have ended up, ok maybe that was a bad example, but look who I married, that is a much better example. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences with us. We hope they keep coming!!!!!!!!!

Kristen got the key to her room today and the list of her students next year. I know that she would love to tell you about it. We are really excited.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

I love the post margaret! I would like to echo everything that you said. Being a teacher allows you to really see how important families are. I don't have too much experience, but definitely enough to recognize a few things. The kids who are motivated in school, respectful, and can stay under control are those who have a good home. Most of these kids have parents who come into the classroom once in a while and encourage them in school. Now, there are exceptions believe me, but in general this has been the case. It seems as though everything comes back to the family.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Mark said...

There is a new force in the blogosphere, and her name is Margaret.

Nice post, Mom! We need your goodness and insight to influence the blogosphere, just as we all benefitted from it with you as our mother and friend!

Welcome, make yourself at home, and stay with us for a long, long while!!!

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Wendi said...

Lovely to hear from you again, Margaret...please don't be a stranger to the blogosphere! :-)

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Tyler said...

I clicked on your name, thinking, "Why do I always check Margaret's blog? My hopes are always dashed when there is nothing new..." This time my hopes were not dashed, but fulfilled!!! Hooray!

Such a great post. I love hearing more about your life since you area always so great about keeping us up-to-date on each other and it seems I never get much time to just talk to you about YOU! Maybe we'll have to move into your area in a few years so that Max can attend Mrs. Foster's kindergarten class. He would be a very lucky young man to have such a fabulous teacher!

We love you SO much, Margaret/Maggie!

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Danalin said...

Okay, I did it again. The above comment was from Dana, not Ty. Sorry about that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home